The first person to become a Christadelphian in Bramerton was Mrs Edith Perfitt of Grange Farm. Edith was a typical Norfolk farmer's wife who had a busy life raising eight children and running the dairy for her husband's farm. That was in 1946.
Edith was a faithful example to her family. Her eldest son Reg, a wheelwright and the village postmaster, was the next to be convinced of the truth of the Bible. Much to the amazement of everyone, this quiet countryman, who had never ever left the county, set off on what was regarded as a momentous journey to London to be baptized. Later, his two oldest brothers and their wives followed his example, but only after much heart searching did they leave their local church which had been so much part of their lives.
In 1952, when the group had grown to 12 family members and neighbours, a prefabricated building was purchased, and on a snowy Sunday in March 1952 the Bramerton Christadelphian hall opened its doors for the first Sunday morning "breaking of bread" service. That same day, at 6.30pm, they held a public lecture on "The Truth of the Bible". This pattern has been followed ever since.
By the mid 1960's the number of members had increased to 56 and an extension to the hall was built, and again in the 1980's the hall was extended further to accomodate the growing number in this Christadelphian Ecclesia.
Today we have around 70 members, and in 2001 completed a second building, for the Sunday School / Bible Study Centre.